WALTON COUNTY, Fla. -- A massive banner that hangs along a main road of Seagrove Beach in Walton County has been ordered to be taken down.
Two days after the deadline to move, the pro-Trump banner remains in place along Highway 30A.
The banner hangs from the third level of a building down to the first with big letters that say "Trump Won" -- a reference to the 2020 presidential election.
In a hearing last week, a Walton County code compliance magistrate said it violates county development code and has to be taken down.
The order said if it wasn’t down by Monday, Marvin peavey who owns the banner, would face a fine of $50 a day.
On Tuesday afternoon, the banner still hangs.
Channel 3 was unable to reach Peavy, but people in the community had plenty to say.
Teddy Bland is a Seagrove Beach resident.
"I was like, way to go," Bland said. "I was proud of the guy, he went ahead -- had the guts to put something like that up.”
Bill O'Neill is a tourist that spoke to Channel 3. He says otherwise.
O'Neill says county boards, commissions and regulations exist for violators to be subject to sanctions and perhaps penalties.
"So if it's $50 a day, so be it," O'Neill said.
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/walton-county-resident-defies-county-request-to-take-down-pro-trump-banner/ar-AAPZcPm236